KBK Center Office and Locker Tenants
All student organizations may apply for office or locker space in the Keith B. Key Center for Student Leadership and Service. Tenants of these spaces have 24/7 access to their office or locker space to further their leadership aspirations and help to create a positive space for collaboration and creativity.
Until further notice, the KBK Center, Resource Room and Ohio Union facility are closed to the public. During this time, current tenants may use their facility access weekdays between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. to retrieve essential items from their space. The KBK Center lounge spaces, meeting rooms and offices should not be used for gatherings of any kind.
Office Tenant Benefits
- Shared workspace for organization work and meetings
- Great stationary location for the organization: i.e. recruitment, other student leaders close by, close to Student Org Success Coaches
- Proximity to Resource Room
- Invitations to KBK Center programs
- Visibility within a large student org community
Locker Tenant Benefits
- Easily accessible storage space on campus
- Proximity to Resource Room and other resources
- Invitations to KBK Programs
Student organizations must apply, or re-apply, for space during spring semester for the next school year. Online applications are available now and due by the extended deadline of Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Things to Know
- All student organizations (regardless of active/inactive/pending status) are eligible to apply for an office or locker.
- Only student organizations who achieve Active status by April 15 are eligible to receive an office or locker.
- All current office and locker tenants must re-apply annually for their space.
- An automated confirmation email will be sent once the application is submitted. If that confirmation email is not received, then the application was not received.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
- Submit a complete online application by the deadline
When is the application deadline?
- Applications must be submitted no later than April 9, 2020 at 11:59pm.
How long can we keep the space if we are selected?
- The tenant lease agreement runs from autumn 2020 through spring 2021.
If my organization renews our space successfully, do we have to move our items for the summer?
- No, current tenants who successfully renew their space do not have to move out over the summer.
How can I increase my chances of being selected?
- Successful applications highlight the organization's purpose and efforts towards organizational success. Need help with this? Check out the Student Organization Success Framework or consult with a Student Org Success Coach.
How can I get more information?
- Call the Resource Room at 614-292-8763 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.