Student Organizations Home
With over 1,400 student organizations, Ohio State provides a wide range of opportunities for students to get involved, become leaders worth following, build organizations worth joining, and leave a lasting legacy.
Our student organizations team offers a wide variety of support for annual requirements, organization and member development, as well as resources and programming. Use the information below to get started or contact us at email@example.com for additional assistance.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 614-292-8763
Risk Reduction Specialist
Coordinator, Student Organizations and Involvement
Assistant Director, Student Organizations
Associate Director, Student Activities
Fiscal Officer, Student Organization Funding
Coordinator, Keith B. Key Center for Student Leadership and Service
Student Activities offers ongoing bookable appointments for student organization-related needs, including specific services for student org leaders, organization advisors, and students looking to get involved on campus. All appointments are scheduled through the same bookings webpage, but each has its own purpose.
- Schedule a check-in meeting with a Student Organization Coach if you're a student org member or leader who has questions about strengthening your organization or needs support brainstorming solutions to challenges you are facing.
- Schedule an advisor consultation if you are a staff or faculty advisor/co-advisor with questions or concerns about organizations you advise. These appointments are scheduled directly with a full-time professional staff member of the student org team.
- Schedule a risk consultation if you are a student, staff, or faculty member needing support generating ideas for safer, healthier practices, or have questions about risk-related topics such as hazing. These appointments are scheduled directly with our Risk Reduction Specialist.
Appointments are typically lighter in availability over break periods and are not available when offices are closed for holidays. If you need assistance with scheduling, email email@example.com.
The Student Organization Insider is a weekly email newsletter sent to student organization leaders, advisors, and other interested subscribers. Submissions must be received by Tuesdays at 2 p.m. to be included in that week's Insider. Based on volume of submissions, it may be possible that your announcement is not included in the next publication. Student Activities staff reserve the right to edit submissions or omit submissions.
The Student Organization Insider is published weekly on Wednesdays during the academic year and monthly during breaks (winter, summer).
Student Organizations: Submit an Event to the Student Org Calendar
All active/pending organizations are now able to advertise on the Student Life Calendar. You can add your organization’s events and milestones. Events can be on-campus or off-campus, in-person or virtual. Milestones are considered opportunities that are not tied to a location such as an application deadline. Regular student org meetings cannot be posted to the calendar, but all other programs and opportunities you’d like to widely advertise can now be shared on a much larger platform! Learn more about how the calendar works and start posting at go.osu.edu/StudentOrgCalendar. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Resource Room Student Assistants: Our Student Assistants support the Resource Room desk & operations of the Keith B. Key Center for Student Leadership and Service, including printing, button-making, balloons, meeting room reservations, and helping guests of the Ohio Union get to where they need to go. This role is excellent for developing customer service skills, gaining experience with building operations, learning about campus resources, and working on a team. No two days in the Resource Room are the same! No prior experience is necessary and all training is provided. Opportunities for advancement to a Manager role are also possible after gaining experience on the team. Email Cassie Smith at email@example.com with questions or for more information.
- Student Organization Coaches: The team of Student Organization Coaches support the student organization community by offering one-on-one consultations with student org leaders and students who are looking to get involved, as well as supporting key programs such as the Student Involvement Fairs. Coaches have a training curriculum that incorporates coaching skills, organizational development, and campus resources. Prior experience with student organization involvement is preferred. Email Erin McAlhaney at McAlhaney.firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Student Org Team Managers: The Student Organization Team has manager-level student staff who support programs, projects, and communications alongside the professional staff. The Community Manager reports to our Assistant Director and support projects and programs for the Student Organization community. The Communications Manager reports to the Coordinator of Student Orgs and supports outreach and communication to the Student Org community. Email Erin McAlhaney.email@example.com with questions!
- Get Involved Panelists: It pays to be involved! Student Activities is annually seeks students who can share their involvement journey and experiences with new first year students during summer orientation. Paid student staff will assist in leading the Get Involved sessions of orientation from the end of May through the end of July. The commitment is 5:45-7:45 p.m. for at least one or two nights per week throughout orientation. All undergraduate students, including graduating seniors, are encouraged to apply. Learn more and apply at go.osu.edu/GetInvolvedPanels. Email Brooke Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
All individuals listed as primary leaders, treasurers, and advisors are automatically added to the Insider email list. Subscription is open to any other interested individuals.
To subscribe, enter your email address in the box below and click "subscribe."
To unsubscribe from the newsletter, please use the 'unsubscribe' button on the bottom of the newsletter.