With a student budget in mind, Ohio State’s Discount Ticket Program (D-Tix) offers tickets to Columbus-area shows, museums, concerts, sporting events, and more at an exclusive rate.
D-Tix is funded by the student activity fee and available to current Columbus Campus Ohio State undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Students can get their D-Tix tickets at the Information Center in the Ohio Union.
Special Ticketed Events
D-Tix offers tickets to concerts, sporting events, art shows, theatre productions, and more through special ticketed events. Tickets to these events are available for registration through the Lottery System during autumn, spring, and summer semesters. For more information, click on the “Tickets/Discounts” & “Lottery Ticketed Events” tabs on the D-Tix website.
In order to allow students to explore everything Columbus has to offer, D-Tix sells gift cards and tickets to various restaurants, museums, comedy clubs, and attractions in the area. General discount tickets are available on a regular basis during autumn, spring, and summer semesters. Some general discounts are only available through the Lottery System. Those tickets are Restaurant gift cards, Jeni's Ice Cream gift cards, Glass Axis gift cards, North Market gift certificates, Lockdown Columbus Escape Room, The Wilds gift card,Hocking Hills zipline tour vouchers, Cedar Point tickets, Mad River Mountain, Dine Original Decks and Zoombezi Bay. For more information, and for discounts currently available, click on the “Tickets/Discounts” & either “General Discounts” or “Lottery Ticketed Events” tabs on the D-Tix website.
D-Tix also offers group orders. Group orders allow active student organizations and residence hall groups to purchase tickets to many of the general discount events and a handful of the special events, depending on availability, some exclusions may apply.
Orders in excess of 2 per BuckID are considered group orders. For more information, click on the group orders tab on the D-Tix website. Groups must fill out a group order form 2 weeks in advance.
Policies and Procedures
- Tickets must be purchased at the Ohio Union Information Center
- D-Tix is funded by the student activity fee and available to current Columbus Campus Ohio State undergraduate, graduate, and professional students only
- Select General Discount tickets are sold on first come, first serve basis. All Special ticketed events and other select General Discounts will be included in the Lottery System
- Limited quantities of tickets are available for all listed events. Sellouts are possible.
- A valid Buck ID must be presented at the time of purchase
- There is a limit of two (2) tickets per Buck ID for all D-Tix events
- Students must be present, with their own BuckID in hand, at the time of purchase.
- By entering the lottery, students agree to pick up their ticket(s). If tickets are not claimed during the 48 hour pick-up window, they will be forfeited to the next recipient.
- If you are getting an error message or a blank screen while registering, it is occuring from one of two reasons. Reason #1: According to OSU systems you have not paid your fees for this semester. It can take up to 3-5 business days after paying your fees for the system to update. Reason #2: You have already requested the max number of tickets for this semester for the event. (General Events Only).
- If a student is selected in the Lottery, but declines two times or does not respond to email or webpage notifications, they will default and lose privileges to enter any lottery for the remainder of the semester.
- If you have won the lottery and have picked up your tickets, never decline or remove yourself from that event. This will result in a penalty.
- Lottery Registrations are open on Mondays and Tuesdays every week - events will vary. Drawings will be held the Wednesday after the registration period occurs.
- Students can avoid default by removing themselves from the Lottery before the 48 hour registration window closes.
- Once you remove yourself from a Lottery event you cannot re-enter said event.
- Refunds are granted only in the case of event cancellation and can only be honored with a receipt. D-Tix is not responsible for event time or date changes made by the event producers. Please check with the venue for complete event information.
- Students should ensure their BuckID is valid before purchasing tickets. Students can make sure their BuckID is valid at the BuckID Office, located on the third floor of the Ohio Union.
For more information about the Lottery System, please visit: go.osu.edu/dtixlottery
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Credit card
- Personal checks