Student Involvement Fair Attendees
Thursday, January 21 from 4-7 p.m.
Although the live Fair event takes place from 4-7 p.m., the booth displays and features will be available to navigate until January 31 at 7 p.m.
Virtual via CampusGroups Virtual Fairs
The Student Involvement Fair will be hosted in a virtual platform that will allow students to virtually visit and connect with hundreds of student organization and campus department booths. Attendees will be able to live-chat with organizations and peruse information and materials in the various virtual booths in the fair.
Here's a preview of what the fair will look like:
Accessibility statement: We want all students to be able to access the fair and acknowledge that there may be specific accessibility barriers that are unique to a virtual involvement fair, including the visual layout of the fair and the interactive chat feature. You may request accommodations prior to the fair by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or on the day of the fair by calling (614) 292-8763.
How to Create a Profile
1. Log on to the Virtual Fair tool and sign in using your last name.# (ie. Buckeye.1) and password.
2. Click the home button in the upper right corner.
3. Click the blank avatar in the upper right corner to access your account information.
4. From that dropdown list, click "Edit Profile."
5. Fill out the required fields and as much other information as you would like to include.
NOTE: You must press SAVE at the bottom of each page before clicking NEXT, otherwise it will not save your entry.
6. To be matched by interest to student organizations and university departments, click the "Interests" tab and select each of your interests from the dropdown menu next to the "Interests" category.
How to Navigate the Virtual Fair - will be live on January 21 at 4 p.m.
1. After completing your profile, click the "Home" button on the left-hand side of the top toolbar. Then, on the left navigation bar, click "Virtual Fairs" and then "Student Involvement Fair", which will drop down from "Virtual Fairs".
2. If you previously did your profile or aren't interested in being matched with organizations, click here to go directly to the Virtual Student Involvement Fair.
3. Once you get into the Fair, use the left toolbar to navigate to a variety of features:
4. Once you're in the Fair, use these features:
Click on their name or on the photograph on the left hand side of their booth. Scroll through any photos and documents they have attached so that you can learn more about their operations. If you like what you see, make sure you click the "I'm Interested" button at the bottom of their booth (or next to their name on the list of all organizations). This will allow them to reach back out to you post-event (and for you to see all of the organizations you indicated interest in on the left toolbars "I'm Interested" category).
- Text chat privately with one of their officers. In order to do this, click on the chat bubble to the right of their booth (in list view) and then join a private chat. This could be a helpful tool if you have a personal question about how an organization could fit into your schedule or could help you with a personal goal.
- Text chat publicly with the people staffing the booth and the people visiting the booth. In order to do this, click on the chat bubble to the right of their booth (in list view) and join the public chat. This could be a helpful tool if you have a general question that you can't find an answer to in the club's booth or want to publicly introduce yourself and network with like-minded people.
- Join the club's live Zoom meeting to chat with club officers staffing the booth. You can do this by finding the Zoom link within their booth or by clicking the camera icon on the right side of their booth on the list view. This could be a helpful tool if you're interested in a club and would prefer to chat "face-to-face." Don't be afraid to pop-in, say "hi", and see what they're up to!
I'm having trouble accessing/using the involvement fair platform. Who can I contact?
Prior to the day of the fair, you are always welcome to contact email@example.com. During the day of the fair, you will be able to contact (614) 292-8763 to troubleshoot getting onto the platform. If you are struggling with the platform once you're logged into the fair (and have already read the above instructions), you can access the SIF team for help by clicking on the "Information Booth" tab or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I find a specific organization?
If you "attend" the involvement fair hoping to find a specific group, it's easier now than ever before to locate them. All you have to do is type the name of the organization in the "Search Organizations" box on the top left corner of List View. You can also filter your search.
How does the virtual tool match me with clubs I might be interested in?
Utilizing an online platform for the fair this year gives us some unique opportunities, including the ability to individualize your involvement fair experience. If you'd rather browse without suggestions, that's fine with us, but if you'd like the tool to make suggestions based on your individual interests, make sure you fill out the "Interests" box in the "Interests" category of the profile editor before attending the virtual fair. Don't forget to hit "save"!
How can I indicate to an organization that I'm interested?
Click the "I'm Interested" button to the right of the organization's name, or at the bottom of their booth once you enter it. By doing this, organizations will be able to contact you post-event with more information on their plans for programming this year, and you'll have a collection on the left toolbar in the "I'm Interested" category of all of the organizations you informed of your interest with the "I'm Interested" button.
What will involvement look like this year?
Student involvement will probably look different this year than it has in the past. The updated guidelines for how organizations should operate this year can be found here. Regardless of what in-person events are allowed, the comfortability of organizations to have in-person operations will vary from org to org. Although things will be different in the realm of student activities, building community is more important now than ever, especially since we can't always physically be together. According to OSU's Center for the Study of Student Life's 2018 Involvement, Development and Belonging Survey results, involved participants were "1.8 times more likely to agree that they feel a sense of belonging on campus, [and] 3.2 times more likely to agree that they have relationships with other Ohio State students [than uninvolved participants]." Knowing now how significantly involvement helps in building community, try not to let the uncertainty of this year stop you from making meaningful connections through student organizations!
We're Here to Help
Our Student Involvement Fair team is available before the Fair at email@example.com and on the day of the Fair at 614-292-8763 or in the Virtual Fair Information Booth, which can be found once you log into the platform.