Student Organization Success Coaches
The Student Organization Success Coaches are a cohort supported by Student Activites. Coaches are trained to work with student organizations on a variety of leadership development topics to foster organizational success across the entire student org community. This includes one-on-one consultation meetings and programming open to any organization.
We Can Help Your Student Organization
All student organizations can request assistance from a coach for a variety of reasons. Some examples of what coaches can provide are:
- Event planning
- Developing a recruitment strategy
- Organizing leadership transitions
- Creating a fundraising plan
- Constitution review
- Leadership role restructure
- Retention methods
- Inclusive practices and dialogue
- Risk reduction
- Organization strengths and growth areas
- Member Development
- Organization Operation
- Community Engagement
Coaches will help your organization utilize the Student Organization Success Framework to pursue excellence across a variety of essential outcomes. Coaches will help you address problems by navigating university resources. Coaches also support programming for student orgs, such as the Student Involvement Fairs.
Request a Coach
To request a meeting with a Student Organization Success Coach, please use the Student Activities Resource Request Form. Our team will match you with a coach and schedule an initial meeting. Depending on the nature of your situation, you may connect with your coach in-person or virtually, just once or multiple times. You can also use this request form to request other support, including leadership workshops or community service consultations.
Coaches are also available for walk-in meetings during their regular office hours in the Keith B. Key Center for Student Leadership and Service, Room 3094E. Feel free to attend office hours for questions on using the Student Organization Success Framework or other topics regarding student orgs. Please note, Coach Office Hours are not for New Organization Welcome meetings.
If you would like to schedule a meeting to chat about your student organization, email email@example.com to schedule.
Requests will be considered for virtual programs and consultations. No requests for in-person experiences will be accepted before July 9, in alignment with university protocols related to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
During Summer 2020 until August 1, drop-in office hours are available on Wednesdays from 4-5 p.m. eastern via Zoom: https://osu.zoom.us/j/93874198634
Join the Cohort! Apply December-January
Apply to be a part of a dynamic group of student leaders who have a wide scope of impact on the student organization community.
Members of this cohort:
- Model peer leadership and network with many student leaders, forming strong connections across the university
- Build a wide array of skills transferrable to a career, from individual consulting to large-scale event management
- Empower student leaders to take action in strengthening their leadership and their organization
- Represent Student Activities in providing experiences that contribute to the culture of involvement on Ohio State's campus
- Support each other in problem-solving, navigating new situations, and caring about the success of student organizations collectively.
Applications are available in December-January. Onboarding and certification begins in the Fall semester. Email Brooke Olson, Coordinator of Student Organizations and Involvement, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.