Semester of Service
The Semester of Service Program is a leadership and service program that matches Ohio State undergraduate students with local nonprofit organizations. This experience provides students the opportunity to gain insight into the values and function of community service, while making a semester-long commitment to serve at a single agency.
APPLY NOW! -- Application deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 8th at 11:59pm
- Student participants must be able to serve at least one volunteer shift (3-5 hours) per week at their assigned nonprofit organization. (Students are welcome to volunteer more hours if they would like).
- Students must be able to attend five Semester of Service workshops throughout the spring 2018 semester.
- Program Orientation - Wednesday, January 17, 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Workshop 2: Difference - Thursday, February 1, 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Workshop 3: Commitment - Monday, February 26, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Workshop 4: Resilience - Thursday, March 22, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Workshop 5: Integrity - Wednesday, April 4, 6:00pm-7:30pm
Applications for spring semester 2018 are available HERE -- Application deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 8th at 11:59pm
Service Focus Areas
On the application you will have the opportunity to preference service focus areas; youth development, environmental stewardship, access to healthy lifestyles, refugee & immigration services, and food insecurity.
Two or more students will be matched with each site. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the service site. Transportation estimates are calculated from the Ohio Union to the service site.
Past service sites include; After School All-Stars, All THAT- Teens Hopeful About Tomorrow, Columbus Metropolitan Libraries, FLOW (Friends of the Lower Olentangy Watershed), LifeCare Alliance, Jewish Family Services, Broad Street Food Pantry, Neighborhood Services Inc., NNEMAP Food Panty, Keep Columbus Beautiful, United Prep, and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Contact Alyssa Johnson at email@example.com