In order to protect the health and safety of our whole community Service PLUS programming has been suspended for this spring and will begin again in Fall 2020.
Service PLUS is a development and recognition opportunity for students who have continuously dedicated their time and energy to community service at Ohio State.
In order to show our appreciation for your engagement with our programs and to help you continue to develop as global citizens, Student Activities’ Service and Outreach team has created the Service PLUS curriculum, available to any student who has been a site leader or participant at Community Commitment, MLK Jr. Day of Service, and Spring Into Service.
How to enroll:
- All participants in Pay it Forward events will receive a follow up email post-event with the enrollment link
- If you have not been a participant in a Pay It Forward program but have a passion for learning more about what service in your local community looks like we encourage you to enroll
- Site lead at 3 Pay It Forward events
- Qualifying events include Community Commitment, Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, and Spring into Service
- Complete 3 workshops
- Service 101 (mandatory for all program participants)
- 2 other workshops based on the Service PLUS pillars;
- Personal Growth
- Leadership Development
- Understanding Social Issues
- Service with the Community
Upon program completion students will receive a personalized Pay It Forward pullover and certificate acknowledging their work.
Virtual Workshop Opportunities
Tuesday, March 24 at 1 p.m.
Join Multicultural Center LGBTQ Intercultural Specialist Jeff Perkins for a special Safe Zone Workshop via Zoom! Safe Zone training discusses inclusive practices and how to foster allyship. They will also discuss how to support LGBTQ students via online platforms and resources we can utilize for students.
Zoom Link: https://osu.zoom.us/j/969559570
On Your Own Time!
Completing the implicit bias modules provided by the Kirwan Institute.