Community Commitment 2021 will be Saturday, August 28th!
Join your fellow Buckeyes in a day of service. Become connected to the Columbus community at Pay It Forward’s 24th Annual Community Commitment. Since 1997, Buckeyes have started the new school year by coming together to serve the Columbus community. Community Commitment 2021 will take place in a hybrid format, including a large day of service, as well as a social media service challenge you can complete at home.
We look forward to serving with you!
Want to Continue Serving From Home?
Couldn’t make it to in person Community?Commitment? This is for you! Pay it Forward is challenging you to serve in the?Columbus?community by partaking in 3 of the options listed below. Take a picture of you performing 3 tasks,?tag us @payitforwardosu (or email email@example.com), and be entered in a raffle to win a PIF swag bag?or even?BuckID?cash!?
- Pick up trash around campus?or Columbus?
- Donate Clothes/ Items you no longer need?
- Subscribe to a Columbus-based service agency/ follow on?Instagram?(post an image of the logo w/ a tag)?
- Take a Walk instead of the bus??
- Find the KBK?center in the union?
- Find the resource center?
- Check out?PIF?website??
- Go to the Olentangy Trail?
- Find a new local business?
The deadline to submit is Sunday September 5th at noon. Be on the lookout for a DM from us!
Do you want to be a site leader?
- Want to help lead your peers during a day service? Site Leaders are an integral component to the overall success of our event. You will be establishing relationships and leading your group in service and reflection.
- Site Leaders are required to attend a training session the morning of the event. Community Commitment takes place on Saturday, August 28th, 2021. Site Leaders are required to arrive at 7:15 am to go through training and your day will be done by 2pm.
- You can apply to become a Community Commitment 2021 Site Leader at http://go.osu.edu/siteleadercc?. Please contact Amanda Sadler, firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions.?
Are you looking to serve?
- Join us live on Saturday, August 28, 2021
- Registration will open at 8am in the Ohio Union, with most service concluding by 1pm that day
- Participate in our Service At Home Challenge
- Pay It Forward will be releasing a list of current projects that our community partners have available for students to participate in. This includes but is not limited to; postcard writing campaigns, blanket making, collecting donations, sharing information on social media to help raise awareness for their agency, physically distant beautification projects, creating craft kits for kids and senior living centers, and more!
- The Service at Home Challenge is designed to encourage and empower students to participate in easily accessible service from the safety of their home, residence hall, or wherever they may be this fall
Are you an agency looking to participate?
- Agency registration for Community Commitment is open NOW and closes on August 7.
- Visit go.osu.edu/register_agency for more information and to sign up
Please email Pay It Forward at email@example.com.