Battle Against Hunger
The Battle Against Hunger is a month-long program during November aimed at creating awareness of issues surrounding food insecurity through food drives, service, and educational events. You can get involved by hosting a food drive during November and sharing your results with Pay It Forward, or by participating in one of our events throughout the month.
Questions? Contact Pay It Forward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Pay It Forward fight food insecurity on campus and in Columbus! See below for ways that you can get involved this November.
Food Insecurity Educational Sessions
- Join us every Monday in November for educational sessions hosted by Pay It Forward members. Through these sessions, students will learn more about food insecurity from content experts at Ohio State and from our community partners around Columbus.
- Sessions and topics:
- Monday, November 9th, 2020
- Tackling Food Insecurity at Ohio State
- Follow us on Instagram @payitforwardosu to view story takeovers from student organizations at Ohio State that are tackling food insecurity on campus!
- Monday, November 16th, 2020 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Battle Against Hunger in Columbus featuring panelists from different community partners such as Columbus Public Health and Franklinton Farms!
- Missed this session? Watch the recording at any time!
- At each educational session we will be raffling off a $15 Buck ID Cash Card! All students that attend each session will be entered into the raffle. Winners will be contacted the following day.
First Year Success Series (FYSS)
- Battle Against Hunger: Understanding Food Insecurity and How You Can Help Fight It
- If you are a first year student, please register through the First Year Success Series webpage.
- If you are not a first year student, you can still join us! Zoom links are linked above.
- At each FYSS session we will be raffling off a $15 Buck ID Cash Card! All students that attend each session will be entered into the raffle. Winners will be contacted the following day.
Come see us Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM at our tabling space in the Ohio Union! Bring us non-perishable food items to be entered into a raffle to win a $15 BuckID cash card!
- With the COVID-19 pandemic, more families and individuals are struggling with food security and access to healthy options. You can help us fight food insecurity on our campus and in our community by donating non-perishable food items and personal care items. Starting November 1, you can take your donations to the following locations:
- Ohio Union Info Desk
- All donations will be made to the Buckeye Food Alliance. Buckeye Food Alliance is accepting all donations but is particular looking for the following items:
- Pasta Sauce
- Spices and seasonings
- Snack foods
- Canned fruits
- Canned vegetables
- Personal care items
- Donations made at Ohio State's Lima campus will be made to the Lima Campus Food Pantry.