Over the past 50 years, The Ohio State University has recognized hundreds of students, advisors and organizations who demonstrate leadership, collaboration and a commitment to the Ohio State community. Along with generous support from Coca-Cola, the Ohio State Leadership Awards are sponsored by the Office of Student Life.
Who is Eligible for Ohio State Leadership Awards?
Any Ohio State student, faculty or staff member is eligible. You do not need to hold a formal title or leadership position in order to be recognized. Leadership Award judges focus more on learning, attitudes, action, and accomplishments than on previous awards or titles. In some cases, an award may be designed for specific students, faculty, or staff (example: Outstanding First Year, or Outstanding Advisor).
How to Apply for 2019 Leadership Awards
Applications for the 2019 Leadership Awards are now CLOSED! All letters of recommendation will be due by Friday February 15 at 11:59pm. We will begin notifying award winners later in the Spring semester. Save the date for Leadership Awards 2019, April 12, 4-6 p.m.
Annual Awards Given
- Outstanding First-Year Student Award (application and letter of recommendation)
- Outstanding Senior Award (application and letter of recommendation)
- Outstanding Graduate/Professional Student Award (application and letter of recommendation)
- Student Life Outstanding Student Employee Award (nomination)
- Spirit of Ohio State Award - Individual (nomination)
- Spirit of Ohio State Award - Organization (nomination)
- Kaplan Humanitarian Award (application and letter of recommendation)
- Stanley D. Gottsegen Leadership Award (application)
- Outstanding Student Organization - Overall Organization (application)
- Outstanding Student Organization - New Organization (application)
- Student Organization Awards: Excellence in Citizenship, Operations, Innovation & Change, Values & Purpose (application)
- Boehm Holistic Wellness Awards
- Student Organization Individual Contribution Awards: New Member, General Member, Positional Leader, and Advisor (nomination)
- Student Life's Multicultural Center - Diversity Engagement Award (application)
- Student Life's Multicultural Center - Outstanding Diversity Program (application)
- Scarlet, Gray, and Green Student Leadership Award - sponsored by Energy Management & Sustainability (application)
- Student Life Student Employee Award (nomination)
- Student Life Outstanding Student Supervisor (nomination)
Past Leadership Award Recipients
Click here to view a comprehensive list of all past Leadership Award recipients: Past Leadership Award Recipients.