The Student Life Leadership Awards is an annual awards ceremony that celebrates members of the Ohio State community who are growing as leaders and Creating the Extraordinary Student Experience. Over the past 60 years, The Ohio State University has recognized hundreds of students, advisors and organizations who demonstrate leadership, collaboration and a commitment to the Ohio State community. The Ohio State Leadership Awards are sponsored by the Office of Student Life.
Who is Eligible for Ohio State Leadership Awards?
Any Ohio State student, faculty or staff member is eligible. You do not need to hold a formal title or leadership position in order to be recognized. Leadership Award judges focus more on learning, attitudes, action, and accomplishments than on previous awards or titles. In some cases, an award may be designed for specific students, faculty, or staff (example: Outstanding First Year, or Outstanding Advisor).
2020 Student Life Leadership Awards
This year, out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our community, the 2020 Student Life Leadership Awards will be a vritual celebration. Please visit this website, as well as the Student Life social media platforms (@StudentLifeOSU on Instagram and Twitter) the week of April 16 to learn more about all of our incredible award winners.
Annual Awards Given
- Outstanding First-Year Student Award (application or nomination and letter of recommendation)
- Outstanding Senior Award (application and letter of recommendation)
- Outstanding Graduate/Professional Student Award (application or nomination and letter of recommendation)
- Spirit of Ohio State Award - Individual (nomination)
- Spirit of Ohio State Award - Organization (nomination)
- Kaplan Humanitarian Award (application and letter of recommendation)
- Stanley D. Gottsegen Leadership Award (application)
- Dr. Ellamae Simmons Award (application)
- Outstanding Student Organization - Overall Organization (application)
- Outstanding Student Organization - New Organization (application)
- Student Organization Awards: Excellence in Member Development, Organization Operations, and Community Engagement (application)
- Student Organization Individual Contribution Awards: New Member, General Member, Positional Leader, and Advisor (nomination)
- Diversity Engagement Award - Sponsored by Student Life Multiculutral Center (application or nomination)
- Outstanding Diversity Program - Sponsored by Student Life Multiculutral Center (application or nomination)
- Scarlet, Gray, and Green Student Leadership Award - sponsored by Student Life Energy Management & Sustainability (application or nomination)
- Student Life Student Employee Award - Sponsored by Student Life Human Resources (nomination)
- Student Life Outstanding Student Supervisor - Sponsored by Student Life Human Resources (nomination)
- Boehm Holistic Wellness Awards - Sponsored by Student Life Wellness Center (application or nomination)
Past Leadership Award Recipients
Click here to view a comprehensive list of all past Leadership Award recipients: Leadership Awards All Years