Diversity and Implicit Bias Awareness Program
The Council of Graduate Students, in partnership with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, the Office of Student Life, Student Activities and OUAB Grad/Prof announces this year’s program for graduate and professional students as well as postdoctoral scholars on diversity and implicit bias awareness. This is a great opportunity to dive into material that will enhance self-awareness, advocacy and leadership competencies. You will learn to understand the challenges, consider possible solutions and discover how to begin addressing the problem of underrepresentation. Implicit bias training has been shown to play an important role in the hiring and promotion of underrepresented individuals, including women. Those who complete the program will receive a certificate. Listing completion of this program on your CV will show employers that you are knowledgeable and committed to this vital issue. Additionally, this training will help participants become better leaders who can identify talent, assemble and effectively manage diverse productive teams.
Fill out the form (go.osu.edu/DIBP) to register. Please note that staff are invited to register and participate in any of the sessions free of charge.
To earn the certificate, participants must complete Open Doors 1.0 OR Open Doors 2.0 during spring semester 2017. Open Doors 2.0 is designed for students who have completed Open Doors 1.0 previously, not as part of this program. Additionally each participate must attend one implicit bias workshop.
Open Doors 1.0 - Participants must complete Part I (Module 1) and Part II (Modules 2 &3). Participants may complete these requirements by attending one workshop that covers all modules of Open Doors or two separate sessions. The options are below:
Open Doors Part I and II:
- Friday, February 3rd from 11 AM - 3:30 PM - Round Meeting Room (3rd Floor Ohio Union)
- Saturday, February 25th from 11 AM - 3:30 PM - 348 Drinko Hall (55 W 12th Ave)
- Saturday, March 4th from 11 AM - 3:30 PM - 344 Drinko Hall (55 W 12th Ave)
Open Doors Part I:
- Tuesday, February 14th 10 AM - 12 PM - Great Hall Meeting Rooms 1 & 2 (1st Floor Ohio Union)
- Monday, February 20th 6 PM - 8 PM - Great Hall Meeting Room 1 (1st Floor Ohio Union)
- Wednesday, March 8th 6 PM - 8 PM - 344 Drinko Hall (55 W 12th Ave)
Open Doors Part II:
- Thursday, February 16th 10 PM - 12 PM - Senate Chamber (2nd Floor Ohio Union)
- Wednesday, February 22nd 6 PM - 8 PM - Great Hall Meeting Room 3 (1st Floor Ohio Union)
- Thursday, March 9th 6 PM - 8 PM - 250 Drinko Hall (55 W 12 Ave)
Open Doors 2.0: For participants who have previously completed Open Doors, participants must select one session from each of the 2.0 topics below.
Implicit Bias and Diversity in the Workplace
- Tuesday, February 7th 10 AM - 12 PM - Hayes Cape Room (3rd Floor Ohio Union)
- Friday, February 17th 6 PM - 8 PM - Barbie Tootle Room (3rd Floor Ohio Union)
Interacting International Populations
- Thursday, February 9th 6 PM - 8 PM - Tanya R. Rutner Room (3rd Floor Ohio Union)
- Monday, February 13 10 AM - 12 PM - Tanya R. Rutner Room (3rd Floor Ohio Union)
Implicit Bias Workshop: All participants must attend one implicit bias workshop.
- Implicit Bias in the Academy: Thursday, February 16th 3 - 5 PM - Senate Chamber (2nd Floor Ohio Union)
- Implicit Bias in the Sciences: Wednesday, March 8th 3 - 5 PM - Cartoon Room (3rd Floor Ohio Union)
- Kirwan Institute: Implicit Bias - Tuesday March 28th 10 AM - 12 PM - U.S. Bank Conference Theater (3rd Floor Ohio Union)
Please note that locations will be included shortly. Most session will be held in the Ohio Union located at 1739 North High Street on Columbus Campus.
Symposium on Diversity in the Workplace
Thursday April 11th
Details will be shared shortly about this capstone to the Diversity and Implicit Bias Awareness Program
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org